Tuesday 20 July 2010

Mola De Segart 1 hour 44 mins

Great run ! Left at 8.10am. Jack headed off for a mountain run Pico de Aguila, then 20 lengths, then a mountain run; Pico de Aguila. I went off and did M.de Seg. I did drive to the monastery, but for about 8 months I haven´t ran for over 1 hour 10 mins and this time I did 1 hour 44 min, so I did about 50 % more than recently normal. I stopped before the very steep incline up the Mola. Going up I stopped twice. and off course the normal stop at the col. The Mola is 566m in height and my starting point is below 100m so I ascended about 450m. I´m pleased. Jack was astounding he did his triathalon. Then this evening about 7pm he cycled the Pico de Aguila again with Nacho. Jack is hugely fired up. I´m sure I was helped because I took some orange juice with sugar added. Before when I have done this I´ve been on the point of fainting on the run down. this time despite little previous practise for this run I was bombing it down past the cross. Of course all day I`ve been exhausted. But I am very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment